APS Cool Rewards FAQ
- What is the APS Cool Rewards program?
APS’s Cool Rewards program is designed to reward you for reducing your energy use during periods of high energy use.
- How does the APS Cool Rewards program work?
- Participants agree to allow us to raise your thermostat by up to 4 degrees during Cool Rewards events, which occur between June 1 and September 30. There will never be more than 20 Cool Rewards events per summer and each will last up to three hours.
- For enrolling, participants will receive a one-time $50 bill credit per thermostat after initial enrollment and acceptance into the program.
- Participants will automatically receive a $35 participation bill credit per thermostat annually for being enrolled in the program.
- Participants who enroll during the Cool Rewards event season (June 1 through September 30) will receive the $35 participation bill credit in the current season. Those who enroll after the event season (October 1 through May 30) will receive the $35 participation bill credit during the next event season in June. Thereafter, participants will receive the participation bill credits annually in June, as long as the program is available.
- How will I know if I am eligible to enroll?
To be eligible to enroll, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You are an APS residential customer.
- You use your thermostat to control your central air conditioning.
- You have an installed, eligible internet-connected thermostat.
- What is my enrollment incentive?
You will receive a $50 bill credit per thermostat after being accepted into the program, on either your next or following month’s electricity bill.
- Which thermostats qualify for the program?
Provider Approved Thermostats Alarm.com Radio Thermostat CT30, CT80, CT100; Trane ComfortLink Control; RCS Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat; GoControl Z-wave Thermostat; Alarm.com Smart Thermostat; 2GIG Z-Wave Plus™ Battery Powered Thermostat; Trane Z-Wave Thermostat; Linear Thermostat Amazon Amazon Smart Thermostat ecobee ecobee3, ecobee3 Lite, ecobee4, ecobee Smart Si, ecobee Smart, ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control Emerson Sensi™ Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat, Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, Wi-Fi 9000 7-Day Programmable Thermostat, 9000 Smart Thermostat, 7-Day Programmable Smart Thermostat, VisionPro 8000 Smart Thermostat, Round Smart Thermostat, T5+ Smart Thermostat, T6 Pro Smart Thermostat, T9 Smart Thermostat, T10 Smart Thermostat Lux LUX/GEO, LUX KONO Google Nest Google Nest Thermostat, Google Nest Learning Thermostat, Google Nest Thermostat E Vivint Radio Thermostat CT100 with Vivint Go!Control Panel
- Where can I find the Terms & Conditions for this program?
You can find the program terms and conditions for all thermostat providers below:
Provider Terms and Conditions Alarm.com Terms and Conditions Amazon Terms and Conditions ecobee Terms and Conditions Emerson Terms and Conditions Honeywell Home Terms and Conditions Lux Terms and Conditions Google Nest Terms and Conditions Vivint Terms and Conditions
- How do I sign up for APS Cool Rewards?
Confirm your interest and eligibility for participating in the APS Cool Rewards program with these three questions:
- Are you an APS residential customer?
- Do you use your eligible thermostat to control your central air conditioning?
- Will you allow APS to adjust your thermostat on high-energy usage days?
If you confirm these three questions, please choose whether you have an existing internet-connected thermostat to enroll in the APS Cool Rewards program or if you would like to purchase a new eligible thermostat.
- If you have an existing thermostat, please select your thermostat among the eligible models.
- If you do not have an existing eligible thermostat, please choose a model that is best for you, purchase it from your preferred retailer, install it in your home and register it with the manufacturer. Once you have installed and registered your new thermostat come back to enroll your thermostat in the APS Cool Rewards program.
- Click the Enroll Now button to go to your thermostat’s enrollment site, where you will follow a series of simple steps to enroll.
Once your eligibility is confirmed by APS, you will be enrolled in the program. You will receive notification on your eligibility status via email.
- How will I know that a Cool Rewards event is in progress?
Depending on your thermostat provider, you will receive an email or notifications in your web or mobile application.
- During a Cool Rewards event, how will my thermostat be adjusted?
- At the start of an event, your thermostat will be automatically adjusted up to 4 degrees above the current temperature.
- Each event will typically last no more than 3 hours, and will occur between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Adjustments typically will not occur on holidays.
- Once the event is over, your thermostat will return to its normal set point and/or schedule.
- For weekday events, your thermostat may be adjusted down 3 degrees prior to 3 p.m. to pre-cool your home. For weekend events, pre-cooling will occur immediately before the event start time.
- You can opt out of the Cool Rewards events at any time from your mobile device, web browser or thermostat. For the majority of devices, when you opt out of the pre-cool, you are also opting out of the Cool Rewards event. If you own an ecobee device, you must also opt out of the Cool Rewards event.
- Will participating in the program negatively impact my comfort?
Cool Rewards events will only affect the temperature by a few degrees, with minimal impact on comfort.
- Am I allowed to opt out of the Cool Rewards events?
Yes. At any time during an event, you can opt out of the Cool Rewards events at any time from your mobile device, web browser or thermostat.
- Does opting out of the pre-cool opt me out of the thermostat adjustment event?
For the majority of devices, when you opt out of the pre-cool, you are also opting out of the Cool Rewards event. If you own an ecobee device, you must also opt out of the Cool Rewards event.
- How do I unenroll from the APS Cool Rewards program?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to end your participation in the APS Cool Rewards program.
- Un-enrolling from the program will end your participation for all of your enrolled thermostats.
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions about the program?
Please email us at email@example.com.